cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For some totally unknown reason my ntlworld.com email account has been locked.

PilgrimRu12
Joining in

Hi All, For some totally unknown reason my ntlworld.com email account has been locked; I have spoken with Virgin Media and the person I spoke to (helpful to a point not their fault) has logged the issue with the IT team to unlock the account; however I have been told that this can take between 1 -5 days! The problem I have with this is that all my financial emails come to this address on top of that I am out of work and all job hunting emails come to this address as well; because of this I could miss out on a work opportunity's; so I ask; is there anyway I can get my account unlocked quicker?

Ps I probably wont get any notifications of response to this post ether lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PilgrimRu12,

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

We wouldn't have any further information to offer on what may have been the cause I'm afraid so unable to help there. All I can say is to ensure you are running a full virus and malware scan on any devices you have your email set up on to help stop this happening in future. 

As for changing the password, once logged in to My VM > Account Settings > Account Details > Change password.

Give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try following the instructions set out here for this situation:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PilgrimRu12, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your email address account being locked. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PilgrimRu12,

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

We wouldn't have any further information to offer on what may have been the cause I'm afraid so unable to help there. All I can say is to ensure you are running a full virus and malware scan on any devices you have your email set up on to help stop this happening in future. 

As for changing the password, once logged in to My VM > Account Settings > Account Details > Change password.

Give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath, Sorry for the late reply very remiss of me. So everything you have suggested worked perfectly thank you. VM upgraded our Broadband; however the signal for the Hub 4 was awful; I spoke to someone and they started to ell me that they could see all my connected devices; bit scary and intrusive; it wasn’t until I informed the person I was speaking to about the actual signal strength that they offered one of those access points; this improved things upstairs slightly but not in our conservatory lol. Ps our house is like a Faraday cage

Kind regards 

Gary 

Thanks for coming back to us @PilgrimRu12, would you like me to send out a second pod? To see if we can improve your connection.

Thanks

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @PilgrimRu12, would you like me to send out a second pod? To see if we can improve your connection.

Thanks

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Yes please that would be really great; we live in a 1930’s detached house which is built like a Faraday cage so as much help as you can provide would be great 😊 thank you.

Whilst writing my wife has also complained to me that even when she’s connected via her iPad to things like sky the signal will hang like its buffering which is weird considering the service we’re supposed to be receiving no?

Just out of curiosity how many of these devices are we allowed?

Kind regards

Gary

Ps Many thanks for your help here it is much appreciated

Hi Gary, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We can certainly get a 2nd pod added on. I will need to reconfirm some details though due to the time that's passed. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi PilgrimRu12, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad I've been able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team