cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to inbox not persisting

andrewmi1
Joining in

Good day all

I am trying to manage all spam in my Outlook email client.

I have tried to set the VM SPAM setting "Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to inbox" but it does not persist and reverts back to "Move message to spam folder" when I close the browser session. I do not see a "save" option on the VM SPAM setting page.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spam filtering-settings fixed now,

This spam filtering now seems to be working correctly and is tagging spam emails now, and delivering to my inbox.

alf28

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andrewmi1 

I have just tried this a few times and can replicate the behaviour you are seeing.  I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team so that they can get it investigated

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andrewmi1

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're currently having issues with your Outlook spam settings at this time. Can you confirm if you are setting up the SPAM filter in your Outlook for Virgin Media emails or are your setting up SPAM filter in your online Virgin Media account? If you haven't tried setting SPAM in your Virgin Media account - can you try this and let me know how you get on. 

We wouldn't be able to support if the issue is within Outlook only. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi there

I am setting the SPAM filter options in my VM webmail online account using a Chrome browser.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Carley_S  The issue can also be replicated using the MS Edge browser and Firefox when accessing VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Graham_A wrote:

@Carley_S  The issue can also be replicated using the MS Edge browser and Firefox when accessing VM webmail.

There is none of the network traffic that would be expected from interaction with SPAM Settings making it more that likely this is a system wide issue impacting all users of webmail ― worth noting also that the styling of the SPAM Settings UI2022-07-10-aa.jpeg is at odds with rest of  2022-07-10-a.jpeg

Thank you for the update @andrewmi1

We have flagged this issue with the relevant team to be investigated. As soon as we get an update, we will be back in contact here.

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I also noticed this spam setting was not working, in my case it was stuck on reject spam even if I changed it to flag spam and file to inbox.

I have altered the setting again to see if it is working yet.

The problem is that spam deletes after 30 days so emails can be lost, although the spam folder is the best place for spam or delete them manually from the inbox.

alf28

SPAM SETTINGS

I have tested my virgin email spam settings and it always remains on the following setting-

Reject All SPAM messages

I can select other settings  but they do not save-

Move message to Spam folder
Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox
Turn off all SPAM filtering

Refreshing the page shows the setting returns to the original setting every time reject all spam. (Is not saving the chosen setting)
Not sure if this would block any genuine emails that had been tagged as spam wrongly.
This could cause issues with email clients if spam filtering can't be turned off or spam chosen to go to the inbox.

I will continue to check the setting for a fix?
alf28

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello andrewmi1, 

I have just asked for an update regarding the Spam settings not saving.

As soon as I hear back about this, I can update this thread.

Gareth_L