cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally!!! Email fiasco is finally announced on IVR now

WelshGasman
Superfast

Just called VM to see if I can get an upgrade to my old Hub 2ac.

Found the Email problem is now announced in the IVR.? Well done for that.๐Ÿ‘‹

Only took about 2 weeks though: ๐Ÿ˜ž

Seems it is not possible, as I only have 100Mb and the Hub3 cannot work that slow? ๐Ÿ˜ž

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM still seem to be requesting the 2ac hubs to be returned as a 'current' piece of equipment.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

By implication, you may not get a replacement unless your existing hub is faulty.

I don't think there is any restriction on lower tier speeds for the hub 3 though AFAIK.

".Seems it is not possible, as I only have 100Mb and the Hub3 cannot work that slow?.."

More fibs from Telephone support staff !! --- I have a hub3.0 and am on 100Mb.....!?!

I sort of figured that ๐Ÿ™‚

The Hub2 was sent to me by VM without me asking for it. It replaced the old NTL modem.

It works fine, I just thought I might have dropped through the cracks for a new router. ๐Ÿ™‚

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub

should let you upgrade.

The Hub 2ac is/was usually lobbed in the same group as the Hub3. Hub2 and below can all be upgraded.

Try the link and see what it says.  If your on a legacy package it might not work with the new Hub3 - It's not that the equipment can't do it, It's just that there may not be a configuration file in place for your package and the hub3.

Try the link, What does it do, let us know.  This is better in a non-email group.

If your able to get your full speeds and have no issues, then there's no benefit to you upgrading.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Thanks, I'll check my speed on Friday, when on the ethernet connected PC.
I seem to recall I was getting 75Mb last time I checked.

That links says it is better to chat, but I cannot see any link to click to chat? ๐Ÿ˜ž
I tried Chrome and Pale Moon.

No biggie. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hmm, had an email that someone had replied to this yesterday?, nothing to be seen?

FWIW I am on 100Mb.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WelshGasman wrote:
Hmm, had an email that someone had replied to this yesterday?, nothing to be seen?

FWIW I am on 100Mb.

The email was most likely the automatic system generated reminder that is sent 7 days after a reply is made here.  I see the last reply was on 3/11 which would fit the time frame.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that Graham_A
Typical of Virgin/NTL ๐Ÿ˜ž why not phrase the email subject better?
I'll have to try and remember that in future. I cannot see any date time on these posts, just a Week ago, ๐Ÿ˜ž

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WelshGasman wrote:
Thanks for that Graham_A
Typical of Virgin/NTL ๐Ÿ˜ž why not phrase the email subject better?
I'll have to try and remember that in future. I cannot see any date time on these posts, just a Week ago, ๐Ÿ˜ž

You can change the default setting in Edit Profile > Preferences > Display to show absolute dates rather than relative dates if you prefer:

Edit profile - Virgin Media Community

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks