Menu
Polly12-
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fed up of spam ads for sexy ladies, shop vouchers that don't exist etc

I have several email addresses, but only one that has more spam appearing than I have emails I can actually read.  I have placed them in my spam folder, I have blacklisted them, which is what virgin told me to do when I contacted customer services, still they come and the number is increasing daily.  As a novice please can anyone help. Can't find a solution on virgin help that I can actually understand. 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up of spam ads for sexy ladies, shop vouchers that don't exist etc

@Polly12- wrote:

As a novice please can anyone help. Can't find a solution on virgin help that I can actually understand. 

It would be worth reading through the posts on this thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam/m-p/3900979

As you will see in the link above, it is possible to set up your own filters in VM Webmail but it is like trying to hold back the tide.

Unfortunately, the longer you have an email address the more likely it is to be spammed. Eventually it may become necessary to stop using that address and set up a new one. I have done that in the past with a non VM email account.

Other email providers seem to have more effective spam filters than VM. In my experience Gmail seems to be great at weeding out spam so you could consider replacing your worst affected VM address with a Gmail account.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up of spam ads for sexy ladies, shop vouchers that don't exist etc

I use MailWasher it's free. There is also a Pro version for multiple email accounts

When set up can be used to mark and sort as spam, blacklist, bounce and friend, read the inbox and then use another email client Windows 10 Mail to send email.