cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 403 forbidden

garyturton1
On our wavelength

I am having trouble logging into emails on my laptop - getting the error message 403 forbidden, though I can access emails on my phone. I can see that there have been similar issues previously, but is there an easy fix for this? Technical support in India could not resolve it! Thanks.

55 REPLIES 55

I currently use a VPN but to have it change one day was weird.

Thanks anyway.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sunshinegirl82 

And I don't suppose running Tracert via VM and then via the VPN offers any clues?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I am not sure how to use Tracert...

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sunshinegirl82 wrote:

I am not sure how to use Tracert...

I am not sure it's going to help but:

• Open the Windows search box. You can do this by clicking the magnifying glass icon in task bar
  • Then type CMD (for the Command prompt) in the search bar and click to Open the command prompt app
  • type tracert followed by a space and then an IP address or the URL you want to trace
  • press Enter on your keyboard and wait for the traceroute to finish. You will see the words Trace complete when the process is finished

That will show the path of a packet of data as it travels from your computer to a destination over the internet.

Its main use  to check to see where the connection is slow or unresponsive. I think that's not the issue here because it would seem you can get to the website but is just will not let you access it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@sunshinegirl82  if it's a work machine, I would check with your internal security guys before running and sharing packet traces. Appreciate you want to get your issue fixed but not want alarm bells ringing with them.

This week I've had exactly this issue. Been perfectly fine before this week, but now I cant sign into my emails online no matter what browser I use. I've used all those recommended by the posts here. I've tried to access the emails on my laptop, desktop, iPad and phone via different browsers but get the same "Forbidden" message. 

Strange as using outlook its fine, but a real pain when I'm out and need access online!

Hi ARG1UK,

Thanks for your post advising you are having this issue. 

I can see my colleague has just replied to your thread here: Online email error "Forbidden"

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating or posting on a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at Molly's reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Quorny
On our wavelength

It didn't work for me. I just tried to sign in on another device and got the same forbidden Luxembourgish message

Hi @Quorny,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry you are getting this error.

Are you using Webmail or third party email client?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Quorny
On our wavelength

Webmail, it's all I have as my email account was hacked quite a few years ago from China.  I'm in Mauritius on holiday and I've had the problem ever since I sent an email with some attachments to Emirates in Mauritius