cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 403 forbidden

garyturton1
On our wavelength

I am having trouble logging into emails on my laptop - getting the error message 403 forbidden, though I can access emails on my phone. I can see that there have been similar issues previously, but is there an easy fix for this? Technical support in India could not resolve it! Thanks.

55 REPLIES 55

Hello Nat. Just tried the suggested route - no difference from before, as I still get the same message. This is very embarassing for Virgin, and I have no faith in this being resolved anytime soon. 

Thank you for keeping us updated with this. 

I appreciate you have advised previously that you have only tried the one web browser. But at this point we would ask that you download another web browser and try to sign in through that. 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

I have now downloaded a new versiom of my browser, and tried everything previously suggested. Still no success

Really frustrated with Virgin and no help whatsoever from their tech side.

Thanks for coming back to us garyturton1,

You advised that you have downloaded the new version of you web browser, can we ask what web browser you are using? Have you tried Chrome or Firefox at all?

Kind regards Jodi. 

My browser is Microsoft Edge, which is the recommended one for my laptop. I have never been asked to try the browsers you suggest by Virgin Media - so why would I do that?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media Mail webmail page works fine with Microsoft Edge browser in my experience.

The 403 forbidden error can be caused by numerous issues.  It looks like you have tried all the fixes generally available to a user so it is likely that your issue is caused by a backend account problem that the VM Email IT team need to investigate.  @ModTeam  should be able to escalate this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us garyturton1,

As our valued member @Graham_A has advised, it may be an issue from our end which we will be happy to investigate for you and get an IT ticket raised with our team.

So, I can get this raised, I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi garyturton1,

As requested, I have now raised an IT request asking for this issue to be investigated for you. I have sent you a private message along with your IT reference number so you can check for any updates of you require.

As advised, it normally takes between 7-10 working days for our IT team to resolve any issues.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Many thanks Jodi. Does this mean that someone will contact me? 

Gary

Hi Gary,

You can check back here for updates, at the moment the SLA for this is 25th March.

Alex_Rm