cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 403 forbidden

garyturton1
On our wavelength

I am having trouble logging into emails on my laptop - getting the error message 403 forbidden, though I can access emails on my phone. I can see that there have been similar issues previously, but is there an easy fix for this? Technical support in India could not resolve it! Thanks.

55 REPLIES 55

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This can usually be resolved by clearing the browser cache and deleting cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail.

Using a private browsing window would override cookies so can be used to check if the issue is cache/cookie related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @garyturton1,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your email service recently. Has the advice offered by @Graham_A helped at all?

If you have and the issue remains, please let us know of any other checks and troubleshooting you've performed. Can you also confirm that you're trying to access your emails directly from our webmail platform or via a third party app/mail client?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. Just tried after clearing the browser cache and cookies - but still getting the same error message. I am using the VM website and going via the email tab. On my mobile I am using a third party email app for Android, which is working fine. I haven't tried anything else, as I am not too tech savvy.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks for coming back to us garyturton1,

Sorry that clearing the caches/cookies and your browser did not work. Can we ask if you have tried using a different web browser altogether?

You can take a look at our help and support for emails here, or we have a some community forum post which may be of assistance to you here.

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodie. Many thanks for responding to my issue. I have not tried to use any other web browsers as I only have access to one laptop, which is set up for Microsoft Edge. The other posts you have sent do not say anything different to what I have already tried. I have spoken to tech support who could not resolve the issue. Really getting urgent though now...

Regards,

Gary

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@garyturton1 

I would strongly suggest you try the private / incognito window option I suggested. That should allow you to . access the site 

If it does you should try deleting the cookies again. Some browsers seem to need that. 

Coenoby 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi Coenoby.

Thanks for your suggestion - but I have no idea how to access the private/ incognito window option. How do I do that? 

Gary.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@garyturton1 wrote:

Hi Coenoby.

Thanks for your suggestion - but I have no idea how to access the private/ incognito window option. How do I do that? 

Gary.

To access webmail using the browser's Incognito / Private mode press Ctrl + Shift + N 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garyturton1, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Have you tried the suggestion from coenoby? Has this made any difference? If not please let us know and we will do our best to advise.

Thanks 

Nat