Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails

Your problem is beginning to look like Firefox – which has some history of failing to deal with HTML correctly over the last year or so. See these for example 

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1201465

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-showhttps://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-look-wrong-or-appear-differently 

I note that version 60.0 released in May 2018 contained this “fix” also - 

Redesigned Cookies and Site Storage section in Preferences for greater clarity and control of first- and third-party cookies 

I wonder if that’s working correctly 

So, which version are you using? Current release seems to be 60.4. 

The only way to determine if it is all down to Firefox is to use a different browser for a trial period. I suggest you download Chrome and report back if that does the same thing. 

Please also confirm that you are not using Adblock or any similar ad blocker. 

On the speed issue – what nominal speed is your connection -100Mbps?

Suggest you check the speed via Ookla speedtest (and NOT via wifi – use a wired connection from laptop to the router. Speed can drop dramatically over wifi).

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam

Can you ask someone to take a look at this and ask Ziggo if there have been any changes recently?

I can't replicate the issue myself, however we seem to have reports of the same issue across at least the 3 major browsers. (Chrome, Edge and Firefox).  While clearing cookies appears to fix it, it would be far better to tackle the cause.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this is strange, i am now seeing images in emails and i haven't touched a thing!

0 Kudos
teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

My Firefox version is 64.0

Version 64.0, first offered to Release channel users on December 11, 2018

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

As you can see above, ravenstar68 has requested that the relevant VM technical support team get involved in further investigation as we are seeing some other reports of similar problems with other browsers.

So, you can either wait until the result of their investigation comes back, and perhaps continue to clear cookies regularly in the meantime, or try using Chrome as I suggested. That’s up to you. 

You first reported this problem on Tuesday 11/12/2018. The same day that FF 64.0 went on official release. When did you first see the issue? Did the problem appear before or after your upgrade to 64.0? 

Have you tried a speedtest yet?

0 Kudos
teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I first saw this issue the day I reported it, I have done a speed test just a few mins ago and i'm getting 388 Mbps download and 21 Mbps upload, which are very good speeds, my laptop is directly connected to the HUB3.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

At time of writing I am running Firefox Quantum 64.0 64 bit.

As of yet I'm not experiencing any issues in Chrome or Firefox.  (Which is a pity, I like to dig to see if I can figure things out. 😞 but to be able to, I need to reproduce the problem. Grrrrr.)

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm well aware that this issue seems to have abated and (ignoring anything related to Horse, Stable, Bolted lol) I am attempting to find out what may have caused this. Quick question to those who were affected:
Did you have mail forwarding set up at the time?

Thanks 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

No email forwarding in my webmail.  It happened on my work computer which had just updated to Firefox 64.  I've updated Firefox on home laptop last night, but not used it long enough to know if the problem will occur there.

Regards, Patricia

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply Patricia, appreciated. I was unable to replicate the issue myself but was only alerted to this today so it may just be a timing thing. We are trying to figure out what may be responsible thus the question. 

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos