cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails

Graham19481
Tuning in

Has anyone lost the ability to receive and send emails ver the last 48 hours?

9 REPLIES 9

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Graham19481,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your emails at the moment!

Can you confirm that it is your Virgin Media emails you're having issues with, or a different mailbox? What happens when you try to send an email? 

Please let us know if you're seeing any error messages. We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning Paulina_Z

When I log in to my @virginmedia.com account to access my emails I am asked to 'Enter your password' which I do, then nothing happens.

If I send an email once again, nothing happens. It remains on screen and trying to send.

Thanks

Graham

Thanks for coming back to us @Graham19481, please could you clear your browsers cache and try again to send an email or via a different browser?

Please let us know if this helps at all and if not we can get this looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L

Good evening Steven_L

I'm sorry to say that there has been no change. Next step?

Thanks

Graham

Thank you for trying those steps @Graham19481

Can you confirm, does this happen when you are using a 3rd party client like outlook or gmail? We recommend not using Chrome when access our webpages or email. So if possible, please try using a browser other than Chrome when completing these steps on our pages/site

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Good morning Carley_S

I must admit to not understanding your comments. I've changed nothing in years and there has been no issue with my emails until now.

I use Thunderbird and Microsoft Edge and my separate gmail account operates without any problems.

Do I take it that there is nothing you can do from your end to correct with whatever has occured?

Graham

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In Thunderbird press Ctrl + Shift + J to show Error Console, in filter field type mailnews and review output for possible causes, i.e. VM320
2022-10-16.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for trying but nothing like you've shown is appearing, just a blank screen other than clear list in the top left hand corner.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try instead… open a  Command Shell window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.