Menu
Highlighted
teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Emails

I have a new laptop and receive my emails by accessing my email from Virgin Mail from the web, but every email that i receive is coming as plain text, in fact the message says that this email can only be viewed in plain text, whereas before any emails that i received showed pictures etc,what do i do to fix this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails

I occasionally use webmail via Firefox, but this should be similar in all browsers.

Click settings at the top right, then choose Email from the left hand menu bar.  The display settings include a tick box for "allow HTML formatted email messages". That is probably the one you want. I can show screenshots if any of this does not make sense.

There are lots of other settings you can look at and find the ones that work best for you.  While you are there, check that the holiday notice, SPAM setting, filters and auto-forwarding are exactly what you want.

Best wishes!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The box for HTML is already ticked, should the very bottom box where it says Format email messages as HTMLbe ticked , because the bottom one is ticked beside HTML and plain text? I have never had this trouble before, and I access my email via webmail using firefox.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, I've got those boxes ticked, and when I unticked the top one, everything went plain text.  Try unticking, refreshing the page (or logging out and back in?)  Then reset to ticked, refresh the page.

After that I am lost and if no one else has a suggestion, I'd wait for the Forum Team to have a look.

What happens if you download with a client (such as Thunderbird)?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

New PC, Windows 10, using MS Edge? Reading view turned on? Turn it off. Read this:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-and-customize-reading-view-edge-windows-10

Just a guess but might explain what you are seeing (or rather not seeing).

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
The_MattB
Just joined
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue (using chrome). It worked fine within chrome prior to this issue (last few days). 
It also seems to be running very slowly

0 Kudos
teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using Edge, I'm using Firefox, its really strange because sometimes I am getting emails that show pictures, and other times I can only read them in text only, and as the previous poster said, email is extremely slow in loading.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@teamgers wrote:

... I'm using Firefox, its really strange because sometimes I am getting emails that show pictures, and other times I can only read them in text only, and as the previous poster said, email is extremely slow in loading.

Have you tried clearing the cache and VM-related cookies in Firefox?

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
teamgers
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I've only just started using this new laptop so I wouldn't think that the cache would need clearing so soon, I am also getting a server unavailable message popping up briefly at the bottom of the email message when its loading.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@teamgers wrote:

I've only just started using this new laptop so I wouldn't think that the cache would need clearing so soon...

It's not how much is in there, it's what is in there.

Edited to say that applies to cookies as well as to the cache.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos