cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails up to 4 days delay

queenhermione
Joining in

This has been getting worse but this morning I awoke to around 15 emails suddenly sent at around 3am. One was an acknowledgment of an order from last Friday. 

some emails are still getting through quickly but I can’t identify any reason for this  

I use this ntlworld.com with Apple Mail for work. If emails are this delayed in future, I shall have to change providers. 

Don’t ask me to find headers and suchlike - it’s clearly some blockage at Virgin’s end that causes it to vomit all these emails. 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@queenhermione wrote:

I use this ntlworld.com with Apple Mail for work. If emails are this delayed in future, I shall have to change providers. 

Consider making that change now to avoid the deficiencies of Virgin Media Mail.

Don’t ask me to find headers and suchlike - it’s clearly some blockage at Virgin’s end that causes it to vomit all these emails. 

Okay but that will unnecessarily make it difficult to impossible to help troubleshoot the issue; should there be a change of mind then consider using the mail header analyser here, Email Header Analyzer, RFC822 Parser - MxToolbox, or similar service elsewhere.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @queenhermione,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been facing a delay in getting your emails. I've noticed you've mentioned that you're using Apple Mail to receive these emails. Can you confirm if you're getting the same delay of emails being received via our webmail platform on our website?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi there,

Yes I checked online first thing this morning and only those emails that came into Apple Mail were on the Vm site. I have now emailed myself with the exact time when I sent the email, using both my ntlworld address and also my own email address which forwards through ntl. 
I just now received the first one (ntlworld email) back and am still waiting for the other email address. 
I’m attaching the screenshot which shows it took almost exactly 4 hours to get  (PS I know it says 38 April but it was very early….)

4A015FE0-F471-43C7-9C80-3276E9F5FFBB.jpeg

from my phone to my phone. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I think what is to be determined is do the emails on our webmail platform have any delay? I mean this in the sense of is the delay to the mail only happening through the Apple mail platform? If you was to send yourself an email, would it come onto the webmail platform right away? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.