cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails unavailable

PAD1
Tuning in

Hi all

My emails suddenly stopped working yesterday. (As I was using)

Just keeps coming up unavailable please try back in 1hr, i tried on my mobile aswell as tablet, login and password is correct, anybody out there who can help?

I am expecting some important emails. 

Thanks

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 15 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 15 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for reply Graham.

Unfortunately the email account I'm referring to isn't in my managed accounts now for some reason? So changing the password isn't an option 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PAD1 wrote:

Thanks for reply Graham.

Unfortunately the email account I'm referring to isn't in my managed accounts now for some reason? So changing the password isn't an option 

In that case you have a potentially more serious issue with the email address concerned.  If it isn't attached to your current VM broadband account then it is classed as orphaned and as such liable to closure by VM at any time.

The VM Forum Team should reach this thread soon and be able to investigate further.

Thank you.... I had heard about the orphaned accounts and was hoping mine wasnt one of them, looks like I'm wrong.

Hope to hear from the VM Forum team soon

I found it where to change password and the account was still attached, and I'm in. But it's a virgin.net so I think its 1 of the orphaned accounts so I'm going to get changed as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your help

Hi PAD1,

Thank you for reaching out tom us inn our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear that your Email account is unavailable, I will be more than happy to help with further, so I can look further in to this I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept once received?

Regards

Paul.