cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to raisin bank

GGardner1
Joining in

Can't send emails to Raisin.co.uk - being bounced back. Can I get round this?

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550-5.7.1 Your email has been rejected because it could compromise our system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GGardner1 wrote:

I did contact Raisin.  They said they had no block on virginmedia emails.  Have to use my VM account as it's the one used to set the account up.

Do Virginmedia ever reply to these comments?

Their SMTP server's message indicates otherwise and this is something raisin need to resolve with their email provider; Virgin Media have no control over raisin's SMTP server.

FYI sending an email from my Virgin Media account resulted in a similar delivery failure:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients:

======================================================================
Subject: Ignore test message
Lorem ipsum…   

The following addresses failed:

service@raisin.co.uk
    host aspmx.l.google.com [108.177.126.26]
    550-5.7.1 Your email has been rejected because it could compromise our system. -
    550 5.7.1 gcdp br21si3312421ejb.258 - gsmtp

Exactly how a plain text message could compromise their system would be an interesting if short conversation.

BTW the forum team do read posts and respond where appropriate / needed.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

GGardner1
Joining in

emails to Raisin.co.uk being bounced back. Can I get round this?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GGardner1 wrote:

Can't send emails to Raisin.co.uk - being bounced back. Can I get round this?

550-5.7.1 Your email has been rejected because it could compromise our system.

raisin are refusing to accept delivery so either:

• contact them to determine the exact reason
  • use an alternative (non-Virgin Media) email address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I did contact Raisin.  They said they had no block on virginmedia emails.  Have to use my VM account as it's the one used to set the account up.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GGardner1 wrote:

Their SMTP server's message indicates otherwise and this is something raisin need to resolve with their email provider; Virgin Media have no control over raisin's SMTP server.

FYI sending an email from my Virgin Media account resulted in a similar delivery failure:

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients:

Lorem ipsum…   

service@raisin.co.uk
    550-5.7.1 Your email has been rejected because it could compromise our system. -

Exactly how a plain text message could compromise their system would be an interesting if short conversation.

BTW the forum team do read posts and respond where appropriate / needed.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@用心棒 wrote:

Lorem ipsum…   

service@raisin.co.uk

That's very interesting because I sent an ntlworld.com email from Outlook to the same address earlier and received their standard auto reply, So no error message to my plain text email!

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GGardner1

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

This is indeed something you'd need to raise with Raisin themselves.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@用心棒 @GGardner1 

I have just received a reply to my earlier test message to Raisin which says:

"Dear xxxxxx
We are happy to confirm that we have received your email successfully.
Unfortunately, it appears that our system blocks emails from @virginmedia accounts.
To ensure that we receive email communications we would advise updating the linked email so that it is not @virginmedia. Alternatively, customers can send a secure message when logged into their Raisin UK Account.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you may require.

Kind regards,
The Raisin UK Customer Services Team"

They specifically say their "system blocks @virginmedia.com" which is interesting because my test message was using @ntlworld.com and was accepted by Raisin.

I have just sent a second test message to Raisin using a @virginmedia.com address and that has been rejected with the error "550-5.7.1 Your email has been rejected because it could compromise our system."

So it seems it is just @virginmedia.com addresses that are being blocked not all emails from Virgin Media.

I have gone back to Raisin customer service to ask if there is and explanation as to why they are blocking @virginmedia.com addresses.

@GGardner1note that Raisin services advise that as a work around "customers can send a secure message when logged into their Raisin UK Account."

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GGardner1 @用心棒 

Just an update to say that I have received a second reply from Raisin Bank Service desk. They say that they have passed my request for more information on their reason for blocking  @virginmedia.com emails to the relevant department and that they will get back to me.

Bearing in mind that I am neither a VM employee or a Raisin customer I am quite impressed that Raisin are even engaging with me.

@GGardner1I have just sent another test message from an @virginmedia.com address and the problem still exists. I would suggest you should contact Raisin Bank again. As a customer you would obviously have more clout than me at insisting they provide an answer. in any event the more people who complain the more likely they are do to something about it. 😉  

Coenoby