Menu
Highlighted
mtennant
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Emails printing with web code only

This week my Brother printer is printing emails in web code. Also it is only printing the first page. When you go to print, on screen it shows the page either blank or with web code. I have a Mac Mini. Not sure if the problem lies with the printer or Virgin email.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails printing with web code only

Are you using webmail (via an internet browser) or Apple built in email program?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
mtennant
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Using web mail via Virgin Media.  .Had problems with Apple built in email months ago and not been able to resolve it.

0 Kudos
mtennant
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I printed out a holiday booking a few days ago. Tried again today and it is showing web code and would only print out  1 page.

Then I emailed an article from newspaper to myself and it printed out ok. So puzzling

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@mtennant

Just to clarify something from your first post. Are you using the print  option within the VM Webmail screen itself (you get to that by clicking on the three red horizontal bars) or by using the print facility in your browser?

Printing in webmail.png

Printing using the print option in the browser itself gives a less than perfect rendition of the email.

Then I emailed an article from newspaper to myself and it printed out ok.

Did you send the article as an attachment, perhaps a pdf, rather than by cutting and pasting the text into the email itself? Again printing the document would be give a differnet result from printing the email itself.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
mtennant
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I used the print facility in the browser.

I emailed the article to myself by going into file, then share and then choose the email option.

Will try the other email print option and see if it is any different.

0 Kudos
mtennant
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your option of  printing via the 3 horizontal red bars has solved the problem.  Many thanks.

0 Kudos