cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not sending

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Trying to send emails today however getting the automatics message

“Cannot send Email” “The connection to the outgoing server smtp.virgin media.com failed”

Only aware of this problem this morning - everything working fine prior to this. Changes have been made to effect this??

Virgin media Mail outgoing server port 465

iPhone 8+ on IOS 14.6

Anyone help please??

27 REPLIES 27

Morning Tim

Thanks for assistance but I’m not tech savvy and it’s becoming a nightmare but here is the result of the trace route:

7B68D280-C3CD-4C35-A490-D93B5343B9A8.jpeg

Just need this fixed pronto.

Good morning Mike

Thank you for your input and info.

As you will see I’ve been experiencing email issues since Tues and at the moment the issue is still not solved (I’m dealing with various organisations after my fathers death recently). I’m not tech savvy and this is becoming a bit of a nightmare- went to bed Monday evening and everything was fine, woke up Tuesday morning and couldn’t send/forward emails!!! Without me changing anything!!!!! Becoming exacerbated!!! 

Regards

pauline

Thanks for coming back to us and @ravenstar68

Are you able to advise me if you can access the E-Mail account via our web mail services and if the E-Mails will go through, or if you can send through a new E-Mail?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi Dave

Apologies don’t understand, not tech savvy. I’m using my iPhone 8+ on ios14.6 for everything and have no pc to do alternative testing. I use the iPhone Mail app and I have both ntl and gmail account set up on VM, on the Mail app.

regards

pauline

Dave

ive just created two new emails (as I usually do) and sent them both to myself - all ok.

ive also checked my outbox and the only emails sitting there not sent are the ones I forward to “report@phishing.gov.uk”

???? Now I’m really confused!!

Thanks for coming back to me @prettyp62

Was this logging in via the web mail service, or are you continuing to use the Mail App? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This was using my normal process of using the iPhone Mail app.

Can you please click this link to log into the web mail function we offer, to see if sending the E-Mails is as it should be

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Looks like something has changed with either VM or gov.uk maybe blocking emails. Ive been using the “report@phishing” email since it started for phishing emails.

I’ve logged into the webmail and checked by send test which is fine. I also checked the spam folder and the “report@phishing” were there so that’s why they didn’t send, yes?

kindest regards

pauline