Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Emails keep dropping out

Does anyone else have problems with their emails? Mine keeps dropping out constantly. It is very annoying when you are halfway through composing a message and it suddenly dumps you out forcing you to log in again and having to re-compose your message unsure if it happen again. What is the problem?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails keep dropping out

No something that I have experienced.

How are you accessing your email account? Via the VM webmail page through a browser or by using a third party email app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Via the VM webmail page
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@sturmason wrote:

it suddenly dumps you out forcing you to log in again and having to re-compose your message unsure if it happen again. What is the problem?

I have never seen that either.

When you say "log in again" does that mean you have to go through the full sign in process? If so that suggests to me that you are somehow being signed out of webmail rather than the system just "dropping out".

The new(ish) VM security system now means that unless you are signed out of Webmail you go straight back into Webmail as soon as you open the link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

For example, if you are using Webmail and simply close the browser window without signing out, you don't even see the log in page itself when you try to sign back into Webmail in a new browser window. However, I have just tried that and if you were in the middle of composing a message, you do lose that when you go back in again.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Tip: to avoid having to recompose more than the last 59 seconds consider setting ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email, scroll to bottom of web page, Auto-save email drafts (listed under Additional settings) to 1 minute

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The system drops me out and sends me back to the the Virgin home page forcing me to enter the email system again. However I have recently discovered that upon re-entering my emails the message I was composing has been saved in drafts, so all is not lost. However it is annoying.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does it dump you out whilst typing or after a period of inactivity?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dumps me out whilst typing the message or just reading. No period of activity at all

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does the issue still occur when the browser is in Incognito / Private mode?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Consider changing your account password, then signing into webmail and selecting ☰ > Quit other session > Yes, close all other sessions to see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos