cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails have stopped

Janet1967
Joining in

My situation is similar to Rob1966 in that since 23/12/21 my mother has stopped receiving emails on her name@ntlworld.com address. The error message says she needs to put her password in but when it is entered it is not recognised. I have tried to reset the password but it sends an email to verify it which of course she cannot see.

She phoned Virgin on 3rd January to report the problem and was told it would be fixed within 5 working days. This time has passed and still no emails. In the meantime she has been phoned by somebody purporting to be from Virgin which turned out to be a scam. This has distressed her greatly and is loath to speak to Virgin now in case it’s not them. I have called them myself to confirm the problem and report the scam and they tried to fix it but still no emails.

Please can you help. I have all my mothers details and even if she called them - which she doesn’t want to do - then I would still have to do what they ask as she hasn’t a clue about anything IT.

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The process for changing the email password does not involve a verification email being sent.  Try following the steps set out here:

Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password and then check whether you can access the email address via the VM webmail page. https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Once access has been restored then enter the new email password into the email program that your mother uses to access her email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham

Thanks for the info however the problem is that I cannot log into the account to change the password.

The problem we are having is that the Virgin media account has never been verified. My mother’s email address was linked to the account in my father’s name, when he passed away in September 2020, Virgin created a new account in my mother’s name. We tried to create a Virgin media account at that point but it came back saying the email address was linked to another account. We successfully created the new Virgin media account the other day while trying to resolve this but it sent a verification email which we cannot access and until we verify we cannot log in to change the password.

What can we do? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need assistance from the VM Forum Team, although I am not sure if they will be able to sort this out if the bereavement transfer process wasn't carried out correctly at the time.

I will escalate this thread to their priority queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Janet1967

Thanks for posting, sorry for the issues you have been having with trying to access this email.

We'll try our best to help you with this so i'll send you a PM to get your details

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi all, just to update the thread we have managed to have this issue resolved.

@Janet1967, should you need any future help please let us know and we will happily assist again.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules