cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails have been deleted

jacquig1
Tuning in

A year's worth of emails have suddenly been deleted from my inbox.

Please would anyone be able to explain what might have happened and how I might be able to retrieve them.

They are in the Trash box...

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

jacquig1
Tuning in

I mean they AREN'T in the Trash box!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jacquig1 wrote:

A year's worth of emails have suddenly been deleted from my inbox................ how I might be able to retrieve them.

It would be worth checking in the Archive folder if you have not already done so.

However, if the missing emails are not in any of the folders in Webmail and you do not have copies on an email app (on your mobile for example) then I'm sorry to say that those emails are gone for good. VM do not keep backups so they cannot be restored,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ALF28
Super solver

deleted emails.

I had an incident yesterday where 2 recent emails that were in the spam folder moved to trash by themselves.

I often get changes like this, where emails seem to move, but not by me.

The virgin email may not be secure if the emails can be altered in this way, is it a glitch or is someone tampering with email accounts.

I was able to correct the mistake that has occured, but a bigger worry where emails dissapear from the inbox.

Wise to put an autoforward to another email address so your emails are backed up.

I changed my password.

Also the virgin email has other issues, some emails are rejected by virgin as they clasify some mail providers as spammers, so the  emails never get to the inbox and the auto forward in virgin email often fails.

It is not a reliable email service.

alf28

FOLDERS

If emails have been deleted form the inbox by mistake or unknown reason, it may be prudent to use folders and  copy the inbox emails to a holding folder or several folders for holding specific emails and do that regualrly.

If done regularly, this would back up the inbox in case of accidental deletions or lost emails from the inbox.

One idea would be to have a folder called inbox 2 and use that to back up the inbox.

I clear out my inbox but never delete them, I move to folders for reference in case I need to get back to a particualr email.

Provided you have plenty of storage space  left, these emails can be stored indefinately, unless deleted intensionally.

alf28