cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from my NTL account going to spam

JohnCaldicott
Joining in

Recently more and more of my friends are telling me that all my Ntlworld emails are going to their Spam boxes and emails from other Ntlworld users are going to Spam also. Is there anything I can do apart from changing my email address- which would be a pain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the affected addresses mostly with Sky, Yahoo or AOL? There has been a recent on-going issue with Yahoo (the host for all of these and some minor others) misdirecting VM emails straight to Spam and recipients not seeing them as a result.

If the recipient finds your email in their Spam folder and they mark it as “not spam”, this MAY stop future emails from your address being classed as Spam. Yahoo seem to be dragging their heels on addressing this issue.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the affected addresses mostly with Sky, Yahoo or AOL? There has been a recent on-going issue with Yahoo (the host for all of these and some minor others) misdirecting VM emails straight to Spam and recipients not seeing them as a result.

If the recipient finds your email in their Spam folder and they mark it as “not spam”, this MAY stop future emails from your address being classed as Spam. Yahoo seem to be dragging their heels on addressing this issue.

Thanks Bill. Very interesting. Friends who are having problems with my emails are on Yahoo or Sky but have tried the ‘Not Spam’ route with no effect. Let’s hope someone sorts things out soon!
John

Hi there @JohnCaldicott

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue and a big thank you to @BillC45 for their help and advise so far! 

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this issue a little further, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

We seem to be having the same problem with two our ntlworld email addresses.  If there are any general tips on how to sort this problem Ashleigh I would be interested to know.

Paul 

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I haven’t seen any feedback from Yahoo to VM on this subject yet. In the meantime can you detail your access route for background information please.

Using webmail via a browser? If so which browser? Yes/no

Using a single device (eg a PC) to send emails. Which one?

Using multiple devices – which? Yes/no

Using an email client – which one? Yes/no

Outgoing emails have sender signature or URL added to end of email. Yes/no

Using a VPN? Which ? Yes/no

Using a 3rd party service to forward your outgoing NTL email to the target recipient. Yes/no

Which receiving system(s) are you experiencing problems sending to – Sky/Yahoo/AOL/Other?

Please check that you have no “Non-Delivery” notifications in your Spam folder.

Thanks Bill.  Here are my answers:

Using webmail via a browser? If so which browser? Yes/no - sometimes - generally use Chrome

Using a single device (eg a PC) to send emails. Which one? - Single PC most of the time

Using multiple devices – which? Yes/no - No

Using an email client – which one? Yes/no - Outlook

Outgoing emails have sender signature or URL added to end of email. Yes/no - No

Using a VPN? Which ? Yes/no - No

Using a 3rd party service to forward your outgoing NTL email to the target recipient. Yes/no - Incoming is via a redirection, but outgoing from VM/ntlworld

Which receiving system(s) are you experiencing problems sending to – Sky/Yahoo/AOL/Other? - None in particular.  Seems to be a general problem, but definitely Yahoo.  

Please check that you have no “Non-Delivery” notifications in your Spam folder. - None there

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PaulSc2 

Thanks for that. It’s useful to know which routes are or are not used for some problems. This is one such case.

I’ll feed it back to the on-going enquiries with Yahoo. Given the progress thus far with Yahoo dont hold your breath!