cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails disappeared from inbox

Flower67
On our wavelength

I logged into my virgin media email account and I can only see emails in my inbox from last Saturday. All my other emails have disappeared. I don’t know who to contact for help. 

17 REPLIES 17

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately it only takes a single click, or a single changed setting, to delete a whole folder.  That's why backups are essential. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Flower67, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to read of the issues you've had with your mailbox and the missing emails.
We'd love to best assist with that, as you've advised you already changed your password for this email account to gain access back on, could we ask if you have updated this password on the client software too (Outlook etc) and on all devices used to access this?

Also, are you able to view any emails at all dated before last Saturday and can you receive and store new emails in as normal?

Please, share more on this and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Flower67
On our wavelength

I changed my password on all devices that I use to access my emails as well as via my virgin media account. I can’t see any emails in my inbox from before Saturday. There were emails in my deleted folder from before Saturday - the previous Wednesday/Tuesday which I restored to my inbox. My sent emails are all there from before Saturday. I can receive and store emails as normal. Thanks 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more on this, Flower67.

From our end we do not see any issues with the mailbox currently and since you can store new emails in as normal then this may be a case where the received folder could have been emptied manually or similar.

Can you please confirm if anything happened last weekend which could have caused your inbox to be deleted?

Was it about the same time when you lost access to your emails and had to rest the password to log back in?
Also, can you advise if these emails were there before or after you reset your password?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Flower67
On our wavelength

I noticed the emails were missing on Monday afternoon and within the hour my account was unavailable. I was able to change my password after that. I didn’t notice anything over the weekend. I did receive an odd iMessage but I deleted that. 

Thank you for that information. Would there have been any chance someone else could have deleted the emails from another device you were signed into?

^Martin

Flower67
On our wavelength

No I’m the only person who had access to  my devices/emails.

Thanks for getting back to us Flower67.

I'm afraid that it does sound like your emails have now been deleted or misplaced somehow. Sadly, if this is the case they would be irretrievable and there's nothing further we can do.

We can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Beth