cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails - cannot send or receive

liz30538
Superfast

Have been tortured all week not being able to send or receive emails Have been told different things by different agents First it’s because they say it’s because I don’t have a virus scanner on my account. I have VM Web Safe on my ipad

Then I was told it’s to do with the internet security team and the number of times I’ve changed my password. In the past week I’ve had to change it 5 times. Apparently because of this they have locked my account I can get email on VM browser but not on outlook I also can’t send emails. It was fine until about 1.00 pm then I kept getting error messages.Then I was told that it’s happened to a lot of people not just me, Now there has been an it ticket eventually raised after being told at 1.30 pm it would be raised, but wasn’t. It will take 5 days to sort this out. I’ve several complaints about this and am going to send it to head office. Totally sick of this

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

32 REPLIES 32

Finally got it to work the password had disappeared from smtp I input my email password turned on ssl and checked the port and I can finally send

you are brilliant and should be working for virgin media You’re so much better than their help and technical support 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Excellent news. Well done for sticking with it and trying all the suggestions.

If you feel able to click the helpful answer button on one of my posts it will mark this thread as solved which may help others having the same issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I think you are brilliant