cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails - cannot send or receive

liz30538
Superfast

Have been tortured all week not being able to send or receive emails Have been told different things by different agents First it’s because they say it’s because I don’t have a virus scanner on my account. I have VM Web Safe on my ipad

Then I was told it’s to do with the internet security team and the number of times I’ve changed my password. In the past week I’ve had to change it 5 times. Apparently because of this they have locked my account I can get email on VM browser but not on outlook I also can’t send emails. It was fine until about 1.00 pm then I kept getting error messages.Then I was told that it’s happened to a lot of people not just me, Now there has been an it ticket eventually raised after being told at 1.30 pm it would be raised, but wasn’t. It will take 5 days to sort this out. I’ve several complaints about this and am going to send it to head office. Totally sick of this

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

32 REPLIES 32

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be worth changing the app password and trying again with the new password in Outlook.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just did that and got the imap error message I really don’t know what to do foreign Technical support are useless

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A community user with experience of Outlook app and Apple devices may be able to offer further suggestions. @ravenstar68 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@liz30538  I see that you have posted in another thread that your emails are now working.  What was the final solution?

Finally got all my emails back using the vw generated password but am getting an error when I try to send You’ve been brilliant can you help me with this

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you entered the new app password into the SMTP settings for sending mail?

Your solution to get an app generated password but I still can’t send Can you please help

Just did that but still getting the same message

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't currently have the Outlook app set up so can't check the exact screens.  Make sure that there is only one set of SMTP settings, or if possible, click the option to use the same authentication settings as for incoming mail.

By the way the image you posted is going to be blocked as it shows some personal information.

It says cannot send mail the sender address is invalid