cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails being sent but not arriving

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

Once of my accounts that starts with "May" @blueyonder.co.uk is experiencing a loss of emails from various sources, even when they try again. I have been online watching yet they just don't arrive as expected, not even in the junk mail folder. I can read that some others have experienced the same issue and suspect it may have something to do with the change from Blueyonder.co.uk to Virginmedia.com when entering in the pop3, imac, and smtp settings.

Can someone have a look at the account to ascertain if my missing emails are held up in VM's email servers somewhere?

Morrile

11 REPLIES 11

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Morrile,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're experiencing some difficulties receiving emails from your old Blueyonder email account, we understand the frustration this causing you.

Can we ask if you to check your account in VM webmail? Once in can you go to settings>email>filter, just to check there are no rogue filters on the account. Can you also check there are no auto forward settings?

Please let us know if the above information has worked. If you still need further assistance, please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi.

Hello Jodi,

I have followed your instructions and the only filter was the only one set when everyone was being plagued with spam and specific emails were set to be moved into the Spam folder. I have since deleted this filter and all the email associated email addresses. I am going to action the same for all accounts in case it's this rule that's the cause yet spam was going into the spam folder and not just vanishing, so it's very puzzling as to what the cause is.

I know the emails are going astray when people call me to enquire I have not answered their emails. I have watched online when they send it again yet doesn't arrive. I have since archived the OST and PST files and created new ones yet emails are not arriving. 

I do know that Edinburgh Council have implemented a block on email addresses that have been reported as PWNED, as I have to confirm other addresses to get around that system; also blocks emails with numbers, https://haveibeenpwned.com/ is where anyone can check. This is where various companies have been hacked and not the end user at fault. 

Kind regards,

Morrile

Hi there @Morrile

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so sorry to hear that this hasn't helped! 

Can I ask if you are able to check our web page here and ensure your settings match up? 

Thank you.

Not quite as I am using Microsoft 365, previously Office 365. I do get some emails just not all. I have since been forced to use another email address to get around this.

Thanks for coming back to us @Morrile and I'm sorry to hear that you have had to use a different email address.

Are the emails from any particular source/domain name or is it just random emails that aren't coming through?

Regards,

Steven_L

Random, which makes it hard to pin in down to a single fault. Perhaps it's time to change the email addresses for those that have been PWNED. It's just the work of creating a list of where those email addresses have been used, going through each one and making the change.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us,  are you still having the issues if you log in directly though webmail? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes, as various people have contacted me via other means to chase up emails they have sent me. At this moment in time I only have one known missing email that was confirmed being sent yet not arrived and that was from Volkswagen, so need to update them with another email as it had important attachments. 

Kind regards,

Hi Morrile,

Missing folders/emails are usually signs of hackers deleting to cover tracks and we cannot recover anything that has been deleted.

We'd advise to perform full virus checks on all your devices you've used the email address, and check for unknown 3rd party apps to prevent them from being locked again.

Alex_Rm