cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails being bounced

JohnHolton
Joining in

My wife's email address, which is a virginmedia.com one is being flagged as spam by a number of email servers, so her emails are often not being received by the intended recipients.. Her account is a secondary account to MY virgin.net one and I don't seem to have a problem.

Can this be rectified somehow???

Thanks,
John Holton

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JohnHolton wrote:

My wife's email address, which is a virginmedia.com one is being flagged as spam by a number of email servers, so her emails are often not being received by the intended recipients

If a receiving email server flags an incoming email as spam they normally simply place that email in the recipient's spam folder rather than refuse to accept the email and return (bounce) an error message  back to the sender.

Does you wife get a "Non delivery" bounce message back if a recipient does not receive her email? If so is it along these lines:

"552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) shkjdijiqioi979ujjnl"    ?

If so it means the email is being blocked by Virgin Media's outgoing spam filters. As far as I am aware they look at the contents of the email and are not bothered about the sending address.

If it's a different error message it would be useful if you could post it here with any personal information redacted, such as the name part of any email addresses, that's the part before the @Symbol.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JohnHolton

Thanks for your post 

Have you been able to gather the information required regarding the email above 

Gareth_L