Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails are being blocked with MXIN611 From header check failed

Hi chrisbint, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the email issue you've encountered. This will need to be raised with the relevant team for further investigation, I'll get in touch again via PM to confirm a few details & we'll take it from there. 

Tom

0 Kudos
afindlay
Tuning in
Message 12 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I am also having trouble getting mail through to Virgin Media accounts.

Most messages are OK, but some get 'temporarily' rejected with 421-4.2.0 MXIN611

Rejected messages all come from a domain that my server hosts, and the From lines look like this:

From: Real Person via redacted-redacted <redacted-redacted@maidenhead.cc>

Nothing has changed at our end, and these addresses worked until very recently.

Andrew

chrisbint
Tuning in
Message 13 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Andrew,

Sorry to hear that. I am on contact with Virgin and I there is an outstanding question with them that I hope will shed some light onto this.

One thing that has actually worked for me was to use another email address with a 'standard' top level domain. Using the same systems/IP address/content and simply changing the From email address from [redacteddomain].cloud we can deliver emails. We have a number of .cloud domains hosted on our systems and all of these get rejected with the same error. Change the email address to .com, or .net and the problem goes away.

I would be interested to find out if this was the same for you?

Thanks

0 Kudos
afindlay
Tuning in
Message 14 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hmm. I think you are suggesting that .cloud and .cc domains might not get the same treatment as .org or .com

All I can say for sure is that it is only messages with the From header showing a maidenhead.cc address that get blocked. We have not tried many other domains but so far all are OK whether they are hosted on that server or not.

I have to admit that we have blocks on some of the newer TLDs ourselves due to the spam load they were associated with. Dot-CC has been around for a long time though (it is the Cocos and Keeling Islands, which will be entirely virtual if the sea level rises much more).

Andrew

chrisbint
Tuning in
Message 15 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Andrew,

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and thanks for confirming the same outcome as myself, hopefully this will add some more weight to the request for review.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to see if I can raise this further via the Forum Team leader.

I'm also going to ask the @ModTeam to get @Tom_F back to this thread to gather additional information.

Tim

@Kev_B - I think these two issues need may be related and certainly need escalating to Ziggo as it's the inbound mail path rather than the outbound.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 17 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 I know @Tom_F has been doing some great work speaking with the relevant people to try to figure this one out.

We're in dialogue to see what could be causing this and what the best course of action is. We'll post back once we know more.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev

I wasn’t being disparaging, I didn’t know whether Tom had gotten any info from afindlay yet.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 19 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 oh I know Tim, I just wanted to take the opportunity to publicly acknowledge how hard Tom has been working on this.

We've heard back from the email team this morning, they've made some changes affecting the .cloud TLD on our email system. 

@chrisbint hoping this sorts things for you.

@afindlay I'm aware the TLD on yours is .cc so this change almost certainly won't make a difference, but could you check on the off-chance? If not I'll get back in touch to see what else we can do and try to find out what may have changed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
afindlay
Tuning in
Message 20 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Still no change. I forced a delivery attempt on one of the messages that has 3 virginmedia recipients, and got log lines like this:

== redacted@virginmedia.com R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-46) H=mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.56.11]: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 421-4.2.0 MXIN611\n421-4.2.0 From header check failed\n421 4.2.0 ;id=BFbCiACq1UeAvBFbCiXoKt;sid=BFbCiACq1UeAv;mta=mx6.tb;d=20190920;t=115310[CET];ipsrc=194.106.223.211;

Andrew