Menu
Polly12-
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Emails and clicking on pictures

Believe me when I tell you that the last tried I tried to get into my main email account I clicked on 19 pictures before the system would let me in. I kept a tally today of the number of times I have had to click and it came to 49 or thereabouts, as I got so annoyed I walked out the room and came back to them later, forgetting to add to my total.  Virgin your having a laugh!!  It's not even like the pictures are clear, half of them are not. Will you ever change this ridiculous method of security???  Anyone any suggestions apart from getting another email account somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails and clicking on pictures

Consider:

• an email service that is independent of any ISP and that provides a similar or better level of security than that of the online service it secures
  • use an email client, for example Thunderbird
  • if appropriate try the audio challenge by selecting 2016-02-21-02.png
0 Kudos
Polly12-
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Will take a look. Thanks for the help. Only clicked 25 times this morning but then only checked 2 emails.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒 wrote:

Consider:

• an email service that is independent of any ISP and that provides a similar or better level of security than that of the online service it secures
  • use an email client, for example Thunderbird
  • if appropriate try the audio challenge by selecting 2016-02-21-02.png

While the above advice is certainly reasonable, it's not ideal for those that choose to use webmail as their means of choice for reading their emails.  After all webmail is supposed to be offering an easy to use solution for users.

Certainly it's not the norm for the captcha to come up every time.  I only trigger it if I switch logins too many times in succession.

@Polly12- Can you try logging in using Incognito mode?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.