cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Bouncing Back

sounds
Dialled in

Hi,

I encountered a situation today that I have never had before.

After sending out a group email in Outlook from my @ntlworld.com address to 30 people, which I have done each week for ten years, 8 or so bounced back and it has never happened. They were blocked by in short not the full llnk

https://www.spamhaus.org/

I sent out the email again to the 8 and 4 came back, then to the 4 and nothing has come back.

Having read another post I checked my IP address on Spamhaus, as another reply to a problem suggested it and it returned no issues.

Just wondered if others had suffered this and hopefully, it self-righting itself?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sounds

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about the emails bouncing back.

When you got the bounce back, did you get an error code beginning with VM?

It could also be the bulk sending that might have got marked as spam by our servers?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

No mention of Virgin Media anywhere!

What was strange,  about half were sent to colleagues at the same workplace and some were rejected most weren't.

Hi @sounds,

Thank you for expanding on this for us. Did you send these emails from a third party mail client/app like Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird, or did you use the webmail platform on our website?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

They were sent from Outlook

Thank you for your response @sounds.

How often does this issue occur? Are these the same emails that bounce back to you? Did the email contain any attachments? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

It happened the once and there were no attachments.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sounds,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that this is still happening. Can you please try logging into your mailbox through MyVirginMedia to see if they're able to be sent through there?

Have you been able to send the emails to your colleagues since then? Let us know so that we can help further if needed.

Thanks. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's only happened once and now seems to be sorted.

Thanks

Glad to hear this seems to be resolved for you @sounds 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley