cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

bigaggy
Joining in

Trying to empty my laptop where I have to delete mail etc.  The mailboxes are different on laptop than on my devices.  Spoke to virgin rep for almost an hour no help.  I can access virgin on my devices with my email address and password which was set up in 2018 but nobody in virgin will accept my password when asked for the digits.  The rep gave me a temporary password but still unable to access virgin on my laptop.  The folders do not match my devices and therefore mail is going into all the wrong folders on my laptop.  I am unable to speak when calling to a person as my password is not recognised.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The password required when speaking to VM is not the same as your email account password.  It is sometimes referred to as the telephone password or memorable word.  It should appear on your welcome letter as the customer verification passphrase.

On your laptop email client you should check the IMAP folder settings to ensure that they are mapped to the same folders as your other devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The password required when speaking to VM is not the same as your email account password.  It is sometimes referred to as the telephone password or memorable word.  It should appear on your welcome letter as the customer verification passphrase.

On your laptop email client you should check the IMAP folder settings to ensure that they are mapped to the same folders as your other devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks