cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

RDOXFORD
Joining in

I’ve had issue with my emails for months now.
Firstly I couldn’t receive or send emails, this was sorted (I thought).

I can receive emails but cannot send any at all??

can anyone help?

it’s the same on a computer and on my phone so I’m stumped 

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll need to give more information.

How are you checking email? Device? Browser? Email app? Is your email attached to a broadband account?  Have you tried logging on to that account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi @RDOXFORD

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your email at this time. Are you able to provide the detail information that's been asked and the post the results of any error codes or concerns you can see that 用心棒 has recommended?

Once we have these we'll be able to investigate this further for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley