cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

russellwhite
Joining in

Hello I can no longer access my [REMOVED]@virgin.net email address. It stopped working last week and I am unable to access via any device. I have a broadband and TV package with virgin but this email address predates that account, I set it up in 1998, and was never linked to the broadband account. Could you please restore my access and also link the account to my broadband account. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for your reply, cmoss9946, Unfortunately the mailboxes would have closed and removed along with the closure of your original account as they are part of the same service. Therefore can only apologise.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Sololobo, regarding those questions for M&T:

• Is the old account still considered to be active, especially as it's no longer accessible? Unfortunately no, since this is a case of one account replacing another account at the same address, so the old one cannot be active.
  • Will the requirement for the same account holder be waived? No, the only exception I'm aware of is bereavement and critical illness.
  • Is the old email address/account holder still considered to hold an account, even after that account has been closed? Technically no, since the account is closed. But I suppose that's a matter of language, we could always use the word "former" account.
  • Can both parties successfully pass DPA requirements, with one account being closed and another in a different name?Yes, but it requires speaking with both parties to confirm DPA.

Cheers,

Corey C

No problem people, will have work around it. I have No problem with the closure, just would be nice to get a heads up a week before, so I could have changed subscriptions.

Thanks. 

Thanks very much for the unambiguous answers to my questions, unusual to see these days.

I'll bear them in mind for future reference.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

russellwhite
Joining in

I tried ringing virgin but didnt get anywhere, so I have given up and moved to another email provider. Luckily I used a mail client so can access most of my contacts etc I understand virgin want to get rid of these, accounts which after all they get no income from but costs them a small amount, but I am not impressed there was no warning prior to removal, very poor customer service.

'I am not impressed there was no warning prior to removal'

you would have got it in the terms and conditions at the time of original residential sign up, unfortunately virgin are terrible at closing email accounts down after 90 days and it can be years by which time it is a sudden shock.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @russellwhite

Sorry to hear about this. As previously advised this is all stated in the terms and conditions so unfortunately there isn't anything further we can do.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs