cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

KathyCouture
Joining in

Hello

I am asking this question for my Uncle. He has recently moved into a care home and we need to cancel his VM services. We would like to keep his email. Is he able to keep his VM email without other services? We are willing to pay a fee to keep it. I am not easily able to call customer service as I am in Canada.

Thank-you

4 REPLIES 4

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

Unfortunately your Uncle will not be able to keep his email address if he cancels his Virgin Media Services as he must be a current subscriber to Virgin Media Broadband.

However he will be able to access his emails for upto 90 days after which Virgin Media should close his email account down.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KathyCouture wrote:

Hello

I am asking this question for my Uncle. He has recently moved into a care home and we need to cancel his VM services. We would like to keep his email. Is he able to keep his VM email without other services? We are willing to pay a fee to keep it. I am not easily able to call customer service as I am in Canada.

Thank-you

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

Sorry to read about the circumstances regarding your Uncle.  Unfortunately VM do not have a facility for keeping an email account without it being part of a current VM broadband account.  The email account should be deleted by VM 90 days after your Uncle's broadband account ceases. 

I should add that VM are not very good at sticking to their advertised policy in this respect and that the email address may continue to operate for some time.  However, you should not rely on this happening and should take steps to save any important emails and contact details whilst the account is still accessible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank-you very much for your reply, I appreciate it

Kathy

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KathyCouture

Thank you for posting on our community forum

My apologies for the inconvenience as if your Uncle cancels his service with us the email would also be disconnected anytime after the 90 day period as per our T&C's. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs