cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

liz30538
Superfast

My VM email seems to be blocked again am reluctant to change the password again because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t 

At tge risk of getting another’please stop’ I need some help please 

Am totally fed up with VM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@liz30538 wrote:

"At tge risk of getting another’please stop’ I need some help please"

I am not sure how your original thread got linked to the "Please stop" thread. It shouldn't happen again. 😉

"Am totally fed up with VM"

Perhaps you should think about switching to using a dedicated email service - at least as your main email account, There are many excellent free ones. Take a look here https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

All of them will give you a more reliable, better supported and more secure email service. Plus, if / when you change broadband provider you will lose your VM email account anyway so why not be prepared for that.

I have been with VM and its predecessors for many years and have been very happy with their broadband and tv service but I have only ever used their free email for communications with them.

One of the Forum Team will contact you in the next day or so regarding your locked account. Sadly, a password reset either by you or VM does seem to be the only answer to the locked VM email account syndrome.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@liz30538 wrote:

"At tge risk of getting another’please stop’ I need some help please"

I am not sure how your original thread got linked to the "Please stop" thread. It shouldn't happen again. 😉

"Am totally fed up with VM"

Perhaps you should think about switching to using a dedicated email service - at least as your main email account, There are many excellent free ones. Take a look here https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

All of them will give you a more reliable, better supported and more secure email service. Plus, if / when you change broadband provider you will lose your VM email account anyway so why not be prepared for that.

I have been with VM and its predecessors for many years and have been very happy with their broadband and tv service but I have only ever used their free email for communications with them.

One of the Forum Team will contact you in the next day or so regarding your locked account. Sadly, a password reset either by you or VM does seem to be the only answer to the locked VM email account syndrome.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @liz30538 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am really sorry to hear that your email address has been blocked.  Have you received some form of correspondence from our internet security team?  Or has the email just randomly stopped working?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

i received an email about 2 weeks ago saying there was possibly a virus on my iPad, and that my email had been blocked because of this. I was asked to run a virus scan, but I’ve been told by McAfee and Malwarebytes that there is nothing that can scan an iPhone and iPad 

At that time my mailbox wasn’t blocked. I posted about this on the forum and received some replies.

A couple of days ago I went to check my VM mailbox and got a message to say it was blocked.

However my VM emails are still coming through to my outlook app on my iPad, so I don’t understand what’s going on 

Hi liz30538,

You can find information on securing your email accounts here

We would need you to try a password reset if you've received this message. 

Alex_Rm