Menu
liz30538
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email

Another problem with b....y virgin media. I use outlook for emails and I have just accessed my account to find that all my old emails have disappeared. They are still showing on the virgin server so don’t know what’s going on. I am very reluctant to phone them as I always seem to get someone from the offshore team.

They either don’t understand me or what the problem is,or I can’t understand what they’re saying  Can someone please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

@liz30538 wrote:

Another problem with b....y virgin media. I use outlook for emails and I have just accessed my account to find that all my old emails have disappeared. They are still showing on the virgin server so don’t know what’s going on.

If the emails are still there in your Virgin Media webmail account it doesn't sound like a VM problem.

My first thought is the Auto Archive function in Outlook may have been triggered. Can you see a folder called 'Archive' in your list of folders in Outlook? It may well be in a separate group to your main 'Inbox', 'Draft', 'Sent' etc.

Here is an overview of the AutoArchive function https://support.office.com/en-us/article/AutoArchive-settings-explained-444BD6AA-06D0-4D8F-9D84-9031...

However for more specific information on the version of Out look you are using do an online search for 'Outlook xxxx archive settings' (putting 2007 or 2010, 2013 etc  instead of xxxx).

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
liz30538
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The emails came back briefly and have now disappeared again. I tried the archive folder but there are no emails there 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to find any of the missing emails using Outlook's search feature?

Have you checked that the view is not filtered in Outlook?

0 Kudos
liz30538
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They are back at the minute. If it happens again I’ll try your suggestion. Thank you 

0 Kudos