cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email won't send from Outlook when connected to Virgin Media Broadband

ghutchinson
Joining in

I have an ntlworld email address. I can send and receive emails on my iphone and could send and receive on Outlook, but the smtp server just keeps asking for login details now. This only happens when i connect through my home broadband with virgin media, and is fine if I use my phone as a tether or go to a coffee shop. Why would the Virgin Media broadband prevent it connecting and recognising the log in? What can I do? 

3 REPLIES 3

Jesus_Loves_Me
Tuning in
Leave Virgin Media.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ghutchinson wrote:

I have an ntlworld email address. I can send and receive emails on my iphone and could send and receive on Outlook, but the smtp server just keeps asking for login details now. This only happens when i connect through my home broadband with virgin media, and is fine if I use my phone as a tether or go to a coffee shop. Why would the Virgin Media broadband prevent it connecting and recognising the log in? What can I do? 

It maybe your home network's public IP Address appears on Spamhaus's lists, to confirm this perform the following steps from the device that cannot send:

• browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
  • go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
  • enter the Your IP address is value (from step 1) in the IP Address field and select Lookup
  • excluding the PBL, is it reported as listed elsewhere; do not post the results here without redacting your public IP address from text and underlying URLs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ghutchinson,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see you are having issues with your Wi-Fi/Email.

Can you tell me if the information given on this post has helped?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide