Menu
jhalluk
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Email virgin.net

Hi having had a virgin.net account for over 20 yrs and having just changed the password I am now unable to get access to the account - I have phoned virgin who say it's talk talk and talk talk who say it's virgin. The account says "forbidden" when I try to access this -  I just want emails back .. any help would be gratefully received. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email virgin.net

its Virgin.
First are you still a Virgin customer? and is the email address listed in your My Virgin Media Account
0 Kudos
jhalluk
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi - no i am not a virgin account holder but yes the account number is listed in my virgin media account 🙂

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@jhalluk wrote:

Hi - no i am not a virgin account holder but yes the account number is listed in my virgin media account 🙂

That makes no sense.  If you are not a Virgin Media broadband customer you should not be able to have a My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhalluk
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am not with virgin media but BT for broadband. I can log into the virgin media.com website and change my profile settings / password. I even  have an account no and area reference. Apologies if i am getting confused. I have been using the email address for over 20 yrs with no issues until now..

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In that case you have an orphaned account that should have been deleted some years ago.

The VM Forum Team should be able to arrange for this email account to be properly deleted for you.  They will not be able to recover access for you.

Ref: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to access the email account when using your browser's Private / Incognito  mode; either press Ctrl + Shift + N or Ctrl + Shift + P? Yes, then consider clearing your browser's data cache of cookies set by Virgin Media to access the email account in normal mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhalluk
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your help v much appreciated 

0 Kudos
jhalluk
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately incognito did not work 😞

0 Kudos
jhalluk
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net orphan email account

I want to get my virgin.net email account deleted - how can I do this ?

0 Kudos