cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email unavailable

MrsD1
On our wavelength

Error message 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment' received all day today. Awaiting important email so it's very inconvenient. Tried previous advice from the community to clear cookies when experiencing similar problem but no luck today.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrsD1 wrote:

All sorted now, thanks,

Thank you for that update, glad to hear you have regained access to the account.

but this does seem to be a regular problem.

It certainly seems to be a regular problem for some people that's for sure.

It is clear that VM do not have their email service very high on their priority list. Since May 2022 they no longer offer VM email accounts to new customers or allow existing customers to create new email accounts. They are not alone. Most internet service providers have moved away from offering email accounts to their customers.

In the medium term you might need to think about setting up a new email account with a dedicated email provider. Gmail and Outlook.com are the market leaders but there are many others. See here https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

VM still support existing email accounts but who knows what the future holds for VM email accounts?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrsD1 wrote:

Error message 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment' ..............  Any suggestions?

Here is the advice from Virgin Media on how to resolve that :

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

If that does not work then post back here and (provided that you are a Virgin Media Broadband customer) on of the VM Forum Team will be able to help you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

MrsD1
On our wavelength

All sorted now, thanks, but this does seem to be a regular problem.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrsD1 wrote:

All sorted now, thanks,

Thank you for that update, glad to hear you have regained access to the account.

but this does seem to be a regular problem.

It certainly seems to be a regular problem for some people that's for sure.

It is clear that VM do not have their email service very high on their priority list. Since May 2022 they no longer offer VM email accounts to new customers or allow existing customers to create new email accounts. They are not alone. Most internet service providers have moved away from offering email accounts to their customers.

In the medium term you might need to think about setting up a new email account with a dedicated email provider. Gmail and Outlook.com are the market leaders but there are many others. See here https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

VM still support existing email accounts but who knows what the future holds for VM email accounts?

Coenoby

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MrsD1

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you were having issues with your emails. Glad to hear this is now all sorted for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

MrsD1
On our wavelength

Thanks very much for your response.  I'm now sure switching to an alternative provider is the way forward.