Menu
totallytoptory
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email unavailable and then hacked??

I was having the same issue as many with the email unavailable message on my blueyonder email. As mine in a secondary account, the main account was able to reset my password and that worked.... Coincidentally not long after this I got a few mailer daemon emails for sending to incorrect email addresses.... And then looking in my trash there was a further 30-40 spam emails that has been sent from my account that were nothing to do with me? They were all essentially the same fake recruitment email all claiming to be from different people but sent from my blueyonder email address!!! 

I do hope this problem with our emails isn't due to a big data breach and you just aren't telling us, this all seems a very big coincidence as I'm pretty sure you can see.

I've changed my password and question but I'm very concerned that this has happened.

Can you advise and let me know what else I should do? 

Many thanks,

Tory

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email unavailable and then hacked??

Hi Tory, 

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry your email is having issues. 

I would like to try and help get things back on track for you, but first I just want you to do a virus check on all devices that have been used to access your email. (Phone, Tablets etc)

Once you've done this I can then go ahead and look into your account and email info. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos