cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email transfer

Joedzn
Tuning in
  • Following on from our quest to transfer our account into a different name through the My Rates scheme We now have a new question regarding emails following the transfer
  • Do we lose all the email addresses, primary and all secondary emails
  • Can we keep these addresses through a transfer
  • What happens to our current virgin account

Any insight would be grateful

Regards, 

Joseph Dancer

26 REPLIES 26

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Joedzn wrote:

Just very confusing with the mixed information as you can expect.

Although the headline message with "Move and Transfer is "the account holder needs to be the same for both accounts" there does seem to be a certain amount of discretion as to whether it is allowed in cases that do not fully comply with that limitation.

The point is that if the account holders are different you cannot assume that a M & T will be allowed.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there,

I'd just like to clear up the confusion on this thread with regards to our policy on transferring email from one account to another, and whether it is possible between different account holders.

I'm afraid some of what has been advised is no longer correct as we now only transfer email between accounts with the same account holder. Transfers between different account holders is not permitted.

Apologies for inconvenience this may cause.

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi,

There seems to be some mixed messaging between all the staff, one minute saying you can, the next you can't, can you confirm that it is not possible, even if its the same house, and the same family?

Thank you,

Regards,

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Joedzn,

I am sorry for any confusion caused with this email transfer request.

The above information from Michael is correct, we can not do this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Is it possible to transfer the current my virgin media account to a new account number or is this what this would have been?

Regards,

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Joedzn.

This will not be possible as previously advised.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From what I read previously.  The original account belonged to your father, the new account does not.  Therefore move and transfer is not possible.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks