cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email stopped on Android phone and lap top

Terrymozley
Just joined

Hi , can anyone help - just over a week ago my emails on my phone and laptop stopped working ( using outlook express) this also includes Gmail. It requests log in details but, when entered they say they are incorrect. Spoke to Virgin media and they have changed my password several times but, still the same issue. I am using an NTL world email address. Virgin media are saying that as l can access my emails going through goggle and then signing in then the fault is with my phone and laptop. So the problem is not resolved and Virgin media won't help.

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Terrymozley wrote:

Hi , can anyone help - just over a week ago my emails on my phone and laptop stopped working ( using outlook express) this also includes Gmail. It requests log in details but, when entered they say they are incorrect. Spoke to Virgin media and they have changed my password several times but, still the same issue. I am using an NTL world email address. Virgin media are saying that as l can access my emails going through goggle and then signing in then the fault is with my phone and laptop. So the problem is not resolved and Virgin media won't help.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management.  Once you have the app password enter it into the password fields of your email apps on the laptop and phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks