Menu
tdb88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Email spam

At least 2 genuine email addresses are being labelled as "Spam" by Virgin Media.  I have not had this issue before having been with VM since the beginning.  Previously these email addresses have got through OK.

I have been into the spam folder and indicated that the emails are not spam and they then come through correctly however subsequent emails still go to spam.

Can specific email addresses be unblocked.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email spam

@tdb88 wrote: Can specific email addresses be unblocked.

If you look at this help page  https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

you will see that it says "If emails from a particular sender are being identified incorrectly as SPAM, save the sender as a contact. This will ensure that you receive all messages from that sender and their messages won't be identified as SPAM. For more information on how to add a contact, check Using the Address Book in Virgin Media Mail."

However, it is not a complete answer because it depends on why the emails are being flagged as spam.

If the checks that Virgin Media run on all incoming emails suggest that the sender's email address may have been spoofed (falsified)  they will continue to flag them as spam.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good to not only read but to see Address book functionality working as described.

0 Kudos
tdb88
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have completely turned off spam filters in the setting however at least one email address still goes into the spam folder.  All the actual spam goes into my inbox!  Please help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This issue of messages going directly to the Spam folder despite Spam handling being turned off was noticed by @SDC awhile back and I do not believe a workaround was ever found. Can you confirm that if you view the message source you see lines similar to the following:

⋮
X-Spam: yes
⋮
X-Spam-Reason: CMAE_SCORE=100.00
⋮

I have flagged your post to the forum moderators (@ModTeam) as they are best placed to address this issue; be aware it can take them a few days to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
tdb88
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It does seem to be, below are the first lines, spam is not mentioned

Return-Path: <xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

Delivered-To: xxxxxxx@ntlworld.com

Received: from md4.tb.ukmail.iss.local ([212.54.57.69])

by mc53.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP id sJ6yFwGLEVycZgAApvlfEA

for <xxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com>; Wed, 12 Dec 2018 23:26:09 +0100

Received: from smtpclienthelo ([212.54.57.69])

by md4.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP id 6JQ+AwGLEVymBQAANIUTRA

; Wed, 12 Dec 2018 23:26:09 +0100

Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net;

spf=pass (209.85.128.49;gmail.com);

dkim=pass header.d=gmail.com;

dmarc=pass header.from=gmail.com (p=none sp=quarantine dis=pass);

X-Env-Mailfrom: xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you are not seeing the X-Spam line within the email's source then consider whether other email clients that you use maybe responsible.

0 Kudos
tdb88
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am not using another client this straight from virgin web mail.

0 Kudos
tdb88
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I still have the issue with no resolution.

I contacted Virgin faults who had not comprehension of the issue and have told me to re-instate the spam filter.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Your post has been flagged to the forum moderators (@ModTeam) who are best placed to look at this further however be aware it will probably take them more than the usual few days to respond.

0 Kudos