cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email server not responding

MUAksoy
Tuning in

I have not been able to receive any emails since yesterday morning. Although my wife’s email has restored to normal status, I still get “Sorry we can’t access your mailbox at the moment”.

Is there a general server problem? I would approve your comments.

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MUAksoy,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here on the forums.

Are you still having issues with your email account since you last posted? 

Have you tried to change your password to access your email account? Do you use an email client  or just the web mail service at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

In the end I ended up calling Customer Services to be told that as result of a planned security sweep my IP address reported suspicious activity. Virgin then locked all my mailboxes not allowing me any access.

Whilst I appreciate the precaution, not allowing me to take action to remedy the problem but just sending an email to a locked mail box was not helpful.

Customer services unlocked my mailboxes and we are now back to normal.

Regards

Mustafa

Hi @MUAksoy,

Thank you for the update on the situation. I appreciate that this was incredibly inconvenient and irritating for you, but I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!