Menu
Mhoffer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email security

My email account was apparently hacked some time back, and that's why it was disabled last week.
 I'm now reconnected to my mailbox, but, a few of the services i'm signed up to keep having password reset requests, and log-ins from unusual places.
 Could it be possible for whoever hacked my account to leave a forwarding address attached to my account?
 If so , could it also be possible for password reset information to be sent to a different email address than the @ntlworld account, so i can change my log-in details securely?
 So far this evening I have had to change everything on my Amazon account, my Etsy account, Facebook and Instagram. I fully expect to have to change them all again tomorrow. It's getting boring.

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email security

Also consider getting a more secure email address from a provider that supports two factor authentication and changing your email address for any significant services to this.

Finally consider activating two factor authentication on services that support it such as Amazon.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos