Menu
grahamm77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email rejected

I have a Virgin Email account.  Using MS Office Outlook 2010 to send a message to an Apple Email address xxxx@cloud.com.   I then receive this message:  our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Greetings Sent: 15/04/2019 09:14 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: xxxxx & zzzzz on 15/04/2019 09:14 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) FwkBhpFlHc6VqFwkBh641R.  I have ESET Internet Security so  I am sure I am not adding anything untoward.  The message was just plain text.  No URL's no image just good old text.  I am running Window 10 pro 64bit with all the latest patches.  So why should the cloud bounce my Email assuming it is bouncing it.  I have sent Emails many times never had this message before.  I have seen other posts like this but the solutions didn't seem to apply as I have no URLs in my message as far as I know.  I am sending as SMTP from Outlook to Virgin Mail servers and receiving as POP3.  Any help to fix this so I can communicate with my friends. I have redacted their names in the Email address.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email rejected

Whilst waiting for a forum team member to correlate FwkBhpFlHc6VqFwkBh641R with their logs to see what text triggered the spam content warning consider trying the following to troubleshoot the cause yourself:

1. sign into webmai
  2. compose a new message with the content of the message causing the spam content warning
  3. cut half of the content to your clipboard
  4. send the half that remains to a username at a non-existent domain, for example foo@bar.lan
  5. If the message was sent then repeat steps 2-4 with the content of your clipboard
    otherwise repeat steps 3-4

Once the cause has been found you can look at alternative text to use until the issue is resolved by Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't think there was anything wrong with the text itself.  As far as I remember it was just plain text - how are you etc.  I have now sent another text message plus attachment of 3 photographs and then went through as usual as no problem.  I believe this was a mail transmission problem with the mail servers either Virgin or the one serving the cloud.com end.  I thought the weird error text or number might give the Virgin guru's something to look at.  But I have had no communication from the technical side of Virgin.  So I will close this call.  I have had problems before occiasionally with Virgin interacting with other mail servers or ISP.  But it happens very rarely.  In one case with a friend in the USA I communicated with his ISP.  And they solved the problem.  So come on Virgin be a bit more effective to your customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The data used by spam filters is frequently updated and it is likely that this cleared the (text) match causing the spam content warning from Virgin Media.

The recent bank holidays may explain the lack of response from the forum team; hopefully an explanation to the cause of the spam content warning will be given when they work through to your post.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamm7,

Thank you for your post, apologies for the difficulties you had in sending your email.

I'm glad you've now been able to contact your friend as planned, it certainly sounds like @用心棒 is on the right kind of lines regarding spam filter updates.

We have reported this instance to our email security team to see if they're able to identify any issues. In the meantime, could you confirm whether this problem has reoccurred at all? If not, hopefully it was just a glitch in the matrix and everything is back to normal!

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos