cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email received from Virgin Media

Hadfijan
Tuning in

Hello,

Could anyone let me know if the following email address from Virgin Media is valid. 

Email@em.virginmedia.com

I have received a couple of emails recently and not sure if it is Spam or not. Just not sure about the 'em' before the virgin media.com.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

ALF28
Super solver

I also receive email from-

email@em.virginmedia.com

recent ones are-

keep your personal info safe   dec 13th

time's running out to enter our prize draw  dec 11th

Your chance to win a home cinema and more   dec 3rd

make changes to your tv on the go  oct7th

I think these are genuine but best to check on the community if valid as emails can be spoofed.

---------------------------------

This question is asked often, see links

Email security - email@em.virginmedia.com - Virgin Media Community - 4887265

Solved: Is this email real or not? From email@em.virginmed... - Virgin Media Community - 4488142

Email@em.virginmedia.com - Virgin Media Community - 4876397

I usually check the email header/source to see if it from the usual sender which is mailmaster annd the ip address is amazon.

Preferences in the account page can be altered, I tick to receive all the VM emails etc.to my contact email address.

The search facilty in "whole community" can often answer these type of posted questions by typing in "em.virginmedia.com"

alf28

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Hadfijan

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums! 

I can confirm that this is a Virgin Media email address. Was there anything in the email that caused you to believe it was spam? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ash

Thanks for getting back to me. No it was just the 'em' before the virginmedia.com i in the email address that I wasn't sure about. I thought it probably was you guys but just wanted to be sure.

Is it reasonable to assume the em contained in the email address stands for EmailMarketing ?

It's then reasonable to mark all emails from this address as spam and delete them as such.

Especially if you've opted out of receiving marketing communications from VM.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi @Hadfijan,

No problem at all. Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!