cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

darbo
On our wavelength

darbo_0-1671366258533.png

For two days I have been experiencing problems with sending emails via my NTL email address. I send bulk emails to recipients and have not experienced this problem before.

I can received emails.

Above is one of the error messages received.

Others have been : 1. An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fullfilling the request, and 2. Hourly rate exceeded (this is strange as I hadn't sent any emails).  Also suffered from time out when loaded the page.

I have successfuly sent an email via my iphone which uses the NTL email address.

I have carried out a full virus check, which showed all clear. I have also changed my password

Rebooted the router, problem still the same.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @darbo, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues sending E-Mails from your NTL World E-Mail account.

Can you please confirm if you're still an active subscriber to Virgin Media?

Is it also possible to confirm if you're experiencing this issue on multiple browsers?

Have you attempted to clear the cache on the browser you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

darbo
On our wavelength

Hello Dave,

Thank you for getting in touch, and yes we are still with Virgin, having been with the company since the days of Nynex!!!

I, like many others, have suffered a similar problem in the past when I had to change my password, which normally solved the problem.

In addition to the other actions I mentioned, I cleared all the cookies and cache from both browsers I use. The problem occured using both browsers. I noted that trying to send via Outlook email, which is linked to my NTL email address, that also failed.

I send emails to multiple recipients, a total of 160, normally one a week. What I did last night was to amend the list to two batches of 60 and resent the "failed" email. Thankfully they were sent. Well, at least the computer "did not say no"!  

It is with a feeling of trepidation when I click on send. I did reply to a single email this morning and it sent.  The test will be when I send out multiple mails???

Regards,

Alan

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the detailed response there,

Sorry if this causes any confusion but it is this issue appearing on both MyVM and any client that you use?

Regards,

Kain

darbo
On our wavelength

Hello Kain,

The problem was with my NTL emails and with the outlook email that is linked to NTL.

When it first occurred I could not send any emails but could receive.

I am now managing to send individual emails, haven't yet tried sending a bulk one of 60. I have been sending such emails for many years and this is the first time the "used your hourly limit" has appeared.  

Kind regards.

Thanks @darbo, can you possibly try sending a bulk of 60?

If you get the same issue on our webmail function, try clearing the cache on the browser you're using and then resending.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

darbo
On our wavelength

Hello David,

Will be sending out a bulk email on Friday 23 Dec. Will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Darbo

Hey Darbo, thank you very much for doing this.

Please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

darbo
On our wavelength

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for taking an interest in my email problems, and for your Christmas wishes.

Today I sent two batches of emails, each to 60 recipients. I left one hour between the first and second batch. I am pleased to say both went without any problem.

Later today I will be send two more batches to different recipients, again having reduced the list to two smaller batches. Hopefully they will be okay.

In total the number of emails sent will be approx 220, which I have sent previously, so I surmise they are within the allowance.

You might wonder why I send so many? Well, it is information relating to a regimental association, so you can see why it is important I can send such mails. I do not wish to use mailchimp or other such programes, being very happy with Virgin.

Regards,

Darbo

darbo
On our wavelength
Hi,
The other two groups of emails sent, all okay. Hopefully the problem is resolved.
Regards,
Darbo