cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

chrissie
On our wavelength

One of my email addresses has been disabled and I do not know why. Now a second one is saying 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them'.

I have tried re-entering the password etc but that is not solving the problem. To be honest I do not know what the warning means and why it has appeared.

Appreciate any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissie wrote:

One of my email addresses has been disabled and I do not know why. Now a second one is saying 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them'.

You have not said how you are accessing your Virgin Media emails when you get that error message. However, I am wondering whether you are using the "check emails from another account" facility in VM Webmail to access all your VM emails in the one place.

I have certainly seen that error generated by the Webmail service in those circumstances when it fails to access another VM address.

To trouble shoot things a bit further, can you use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  to try and access the problematic email account  directly on the VM website. Enter the email address and password for the problem email account and post back the error message that you get.

If it is the "Your mailboxis unavailable.......post back in an hour"  error you may well be able to resolve the problem yourself by try following the advice that VM have posted here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissie wrote:

You have not said how you are accessing your Virgin Media emails when you get that error message. However, I am wondering whether you are using the "check emails from another account" facility in VM Webmail to access all your VM emails in the one place.

I have certainly seen that error generated by the Webmail service in those circumstances when it fails to access another VM address.

To trouble shoot things a bit further, can you use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  to try and access the problematic email account  directly on the VM website. Enter the email address and password for the problem email account and post back the error message that you get.

If it is the "Your mailboxis unavailable.......post back in an hour"  error you may well be able to resolve the problem yourself by try following the advice that VM have posted here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

chrissie
On our wavelength

Really appreciate you replying thank you.

I used the link and got

'Error

The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

I usually use Gmail to access all my email accounts. I have for years and never had problems.
I have tried to change the password for this problem account by using 'forgot password' link but I can only get that option for the main holder account. The one used to log into virgin media.  It will not let me put in this (problem) email address and password. It says contact chris (me) to change your password.  I seem to be going around in circles! Thank you.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissie wrote:

I have tried to change the password for this problem account by using 'forgot password' link but I can only get that option for the main holder account.

Ok, see if you can change the password from your My Virgin Media Account, that's the one where you can see your VM bill. Sign in with your VM Primary email address:  https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  

VM have been making some changes to that recently but, assuming yours is the same as mine, once you are fully signed in (you first need to click on "Continue") follow these steps:

• Click on "Account Settings"
  • Then click on Account details, which should take you to "My Profile"
  • Then click the "Manage Accounts" tab
  • If you can see the problem email address in the list then click on "View/Change" against that line
  • On the next screen click on "Change" to the right of "Password   ************"

That will allow you to reset the password. Set it to a completely new password that you have not used before.

Coenoby

chrissie
On our wavelength

Many thanks. That seems to have solved the issue. Really appreciate your time .

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissie wrote:

Many thanks. That seems to have solved the issue. Really appreciate your time .

No problem, thanks for the update, I'm glad you're up and running again.

Many people seem to find that their account gets locked again but if it does you can reset the password again.

Coenoby

Hi chrissie, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. I am glad to see that the issue with the email account has not been resolved and thankyou coenoby for assisting the customer with this. - Chris