cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

LilianC
Joining in

Hi

My partner,s email account suddenly said that the password was incorrect. As he could not remember it, he tried resetting it via the virgin media site. For some reason the security question didn't work and a message told him to ask me (as primary account holder) to change the password. I have looked on my account but cannot find any info how to do this. Please can you help?

Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11

WelshGasman
Superfast

More than likely his account has just been disabled/locked. It is happening to a lot of people regularly at the moment. I had to call Virgin again to get mine enabled today.

However go to Profile/Manage Accounts to amend the email accounts and passwords.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LillianC,

Thank you for your post - sorry to hear that your partner has been unable to access their email account. If you have been unable to reset the password, I'll pop you over a PM so I can take some further details and look into this for you

Please look out for my message  over at the purple envelope

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LilianC,

Your mailbox has now been unlocked. Can you please ensure to change your password before signing back in to prevent a second account lock?

Let us know how you get on 

Beth

Beth

Tried to get into emails via his virgin media account but getting a forbidden 403 message

Hi LilianC,

Oh, that is strange. 

Is this after you've changed the password in My Virgin Media? Are you getting this error with your other email account?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Hi

just to be clear, I have not changed the password on my account. My partner accessed his secondary 'my virgin media' account with his email address and password. He attempted to then change the password there, but when he pressed 'update' nothing happened. Clicking on the email icon on this account returns the forbidden message. My own account is working ok and I have access to my emails. I don't really want to mess with that if it can be avoided

thanks

Thank you for that information. Has this been tried via different web browsers?

^Martin

Only on IPad as that is the only method at the moment of accessing his emails

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you please try this via a browser on a laptop/desktop?

Zoie