Menu
Andy2110
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email password wrong all of a sudden

Today after 2 years of no issues my email password is wrong.

I've logged onto my myvirgin account and the email address doesn't even appear - the email address is my username to log into my myvirgin account, however.

I've looked through my email addresses on my account and this one isn't even on there.

I've spoken to support and they reset the email password - this only changed it for the primary email address attached to my account. The email address that I have used for 2 years and is my virgin username still doesn't work.

the email address that doesnt work has worked on phone and pc without any issues at all 

Any help???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email password wrong all of a sudden

Hi Andy2110,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Can I just confirm do you have active services with ourselves? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N it sounds like the OP does have an active account from the wording of his post, although I do wonder if he's had a break in service and the missing address is actually orphaned.

Just a thought.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It does sound that way. Thanks for the tip Tim. 

^Martin

coenoby
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Andy2110 wrote:

I've logged onto my myvirgin account and the email address doesn't even appear - the email address is my username to log into my myvirgin account,

I've looked through my email addresses on my account and this one isn't even on there.

You say can access My Virgin Media using the email account in question so I am going to assume that you are currently a VM Broadband customer. Smiley Wink

I wonder if it is the layout of 'My Virgin Media' which is confusing matters.  Your main email address (the one you use to sign into 'My Virgin Media', only appears under the 'My Profile' tab.

If you are looking under the 'Manage Accounts' tab, it is just any secondary email addresses that you have set up which appear in the list of email addresses.

What about if you use this link to sign in to your main email account? https://mail.virginmedia.com
Does that take you to your emails?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Andy2110 - If you can answer @Martin_N 's question that would be great, being as you mentioned that the email address that no longer appears on the account is the one you use to log in it does certainly raise the possibility that you had a break in service and when you came back someone didn't follow the proper move and transfer process, but rather just changed the username on the second account.

I don't know where they got that idea from, but if it is the case, Virgin do need to track down if this is happening and put a stop to it as it causes no end of problems especially if the first address has reached the 90 day cut off limit and has actually been deleted Smiley Sad

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.