cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password reset help please

markanderson55
Joining in

Dear all,

Cannot seem to get to the actual place to reset the password on a secondary email account.

Here is the logging response 

2022.06.07 10:01:27 SMTP (smtp.virginmedia.com): <rx> 525 5.7.13 Account is Locked, change to new password is needed (VM303)

I tried the search function on here and looking at the advice for doing password reset but it just goes to the main email sign in page and there is no obvious place to request a password reset.

Sent an email this morning OK then within 10 minutes the next email wouldn't send. I tried to re-confirm my password but now the account is locked givng the logging response above. I am currently in the middle of a very sensitive job which is reliant on this email adress working. Please could you either organise a password reset or advicse me how to do the job myself.

Thanks (hopefully)

Mark

10 REPLIES 10

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you not seeing the highlighted link shown below:
2022-06-07.jpeg
Alternatively try going directly to https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password

As a temporary workaround see if you are able to access webmail

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response,

I have got access to the main family account and Email - no problem.

The issue is with a secondary account in my name.

The main email and my wife's email account are all working fine, the problem is only with my (secondary) account.

These links both take me to password resets for the main account - which is working fine.

I need the same type of link to a secondary account.

mark

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When signed into My Virgin Media go to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers and change the secondary account's password from there

wink
On our wavelength

I'm having the same problem. One of my secondary accounts has been locked and I can't find a way to reset its password. When I follow the link in the post above I can see the secondary accounts but there is only an option to delete the account, and no option to change passwords.  Can anyone help?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wink  The process for changing passwords on secondary accounts has changed since that link was posted.

Either sign into the My Virgin Media account for the secondary account and go to account details then update settings, or use the forgotten password route here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wink
On our wavelength

Unfortunately it's not possible to reset the password for the secondary account.  Please see the recent posts in the thread 'customer service just told me...' to see the error message that appears when you try to login to the locked account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wink  That is not correct.  Secondary account passwords can be changed via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary account or via the Forgotten password link.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wink
On our wavelength

This is my current experience:

If I try to sign in directly to the secondary account I get a message that the account is locked. If I try to reset the password via the forgotten password dialog, I enter date of birth and answer the security question then press 'continue' but nothing further happens.

If I sign in to the main account, then go to update settings>account details>manage other my virginmedia accounts> then I can see the secondary account but the only option is 'delete'. There is no password reset option.

So the secondary account is still locked and I'm unable to reset its password.

Hi wink, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with resetting the password for your secondary account using the 'forgotten password' link. 

We can certainly get this done for you but will need to pass data protection with you first. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs