cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password not accepted and not able to create new password

Scandi
Joining in

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have used virgin.net email for years but suddenly I was not able to login receiving this message:

Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email.

When trying to create a new password I receive this message:

You can't use that password. Please choose another.

No matter how many passwords I try I get the same message that I can't use that password, even automatic generated passwords.

Please can someone help? Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is your email address linked to a Virginmedia broadband account?  If so you can log in to MyVirginmedia and change the email password there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No it is not any longer, Virgin Media didn't cover the area I moved to.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virgin only provides email to broadband customers. They usually close email accounts soon after the broadband account is closed  but sometimes they forget and it stays open for months or years.

It looks like Virgin have finally got round to closing your email. Hopefully you will have kept copies of important data. 

You can read about it here... 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Sandi 👋 welcome to the community forum! Thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your email access. As the community have already correctly advised as you are no longer an active customer the mailbox will have become 'orphaned' and so is no longer active. You can read more about this in the community thread here 👉 Orphan Email accounts - Virgin Media Community - 3492073 (also listed by a member of the community above.)

Sadly there is no further support we can provide in this instance. 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly

Thank you for your reply. 

I understand the issue but my problem is that I moved house and Virgin Media doesn't supply broadband to my address although my address is in a big city. I had been a Virgin broadband customer for more several decades and wanted to continue with Virgin but they said they don't cover my area. I would prefer to have Virgin broadband but it is not possible.

I am expecting to move again within the next 6 months and would change to Virgin again if possible at my new address. 

I am going to try to contacting Virgin to see if there is a short-term solution to this issue.

Thanks

Scandi

Do feel free to keep us updated @Scandi, but as @jpeg correctly advises, the E-Mail address should have been closed after the disconnection of the services but on occasion we can come across users who have access to the account for an extended period of time beyond disconnection.

What should have happened in your circumstance is that 90 days after the disconnection was completed, we should have closed the account down to allow you to move all important E-Mails over to an alternative E-Mail address supplier.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn